Monday, December 1, 2008

Birthday Girl

Today is Natalie's 8th birthday! It's so hard to believe she went from this shy, abused 5 year old into a very sweet and loving little girl. I am so grateful she came into our lives and we were able to have her join our family.

I am planning to make her requested dinner of: Spaghetti, Italian sausage, garlic french bread and a garden salad. Afterward we'll take the girls to Cold Stone for some ice cream. I had planned on making a cake but she said she would rather go out, and I wasn't about to complain.

In general, everyone is doing alright. Dannah opted to stay home from school today, while Natalie chose to go. We are all still very sad but have managed to avoid tears today. Tim's Christmas present arrived today, we had ordered it with two day delivery in hopes of sending it early to cheer him up. Right now I have no idea what to do with it. Anyone need a Bill Bryson book on CD? Maybe we'll just donate it, I have a feeling returning it would leave a worse feeling.

I'll update later with photos of Natalie's birthday.

5 comments:

;broken; said...

I can't read the blog about Ian's Dad. It's blank. *hugs* I'm so sorry Elyse. I'm always here if u want/need to talk. I would gladly call u but I've lost your phone number. Here is mine though... 419-913-1524. Please call me anytime. *hugs*
I'm going to copy & paste this to your blogspot.

Christina

Made To Shine said...

Happy Birthday Natalie!
Can you donate the book to an oncology ward or another organization or place Tim would have had interest in?

SoulzPhyr said...

hey, it's Fae, just wanted to let you know I found it and I'll be adding you. I'll come read more often since I have one of these too (^_^)

The Rose Queen said...

Oh how sweet! Happy Bday Natalie!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is eight already! Sounds like she had a nice birthday :)