The days have managed to slowly slip by. This weekend I agreed to allow both Dannah and Natalie to each invite a friend over for the night. In addition to the two extra girls, I ended up watching a friend's 4 year old son. Having seven kids running around is one way to occupy time, and I even survived, if only with a little less sanity!
Ian and I have been trying to talk in our spare time. He seems to be doing well, has been shipped off to multiple family friends to repair computer problems, but he doesn't seem to mind. If anything, the fact that people are asking for any of his time while he's there annoys me far more than it annoys him.
Today I had Hallie's parent/teacher conference. Other than being the youngest child in the class, she's doing very well! I still have some issues with the fact that my three year old was placed in a classroom with mostly five year olds, but the options are very limited. She really seems to be settling down, which is a positive thing considering Hallie has never been an easy child.
Natalie, Dannah and Claire are also doing well. Dannah received mostly fours on her report card, with a few 3+. She is being graded on a 3rd-4th grade level, so I am quite proud of how she's doing in the program. Natalie is also doing awesome, with all 3s on her report card. She really seems to be excelling this year. Claire is cutting four molars and has been in quite a mood lately. I hate the teething stage! Poor kiddo.
I am surviving. I still hate going to bed alone, but am grateful that Ian will be coming home. I really need a break and am hoping to talk him into a nice date night in the near future. I honestly can't remember the last time we went out without the kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
7 Kids? Wow Elyse your super women.
Every time I read about how well the girls are doing I'm just amazed on how you can take care of 4 wonderful beautiful girls.
Ian be home before you know it. If it was possible I would watch the girls for a few hours to let you and Ian have some alone time, much needed alone time between you to. But it's hard when your in the states and me in Canada!
Well at least you are keeping busy, lol! Yay to great reports from the teachers! Our conferences are next Tuesday.
Keeping busy is good, helps to make sure you aren't focused on things you can't change. Sounds like the girls are all doing great, it's no wonder -- I know you work hard with them. Take Care!
You are doing great and the time will pass until he is back home.
Smile.
I love the blog! Wow you have been so busy like ususal. I know I'm down here but if you need a break and want to meet up with the kids let me know I'm sure I could work something out. Hang in there!
Hey Elyse! I don't have time check it out right now, but I can't wait to read the rest of your blog! I had no idea that you had one... Be back later!
Post a Comment