There are many reasons to be thankful! We are very fortunate to have four amazing, beautiful, healthy little girls. Even on the days where I'm ready to pull out all of my hair, I realize how very lucky I am.
Wednesday I woke up to discover a brick had been thrown through Ian's rear windshield. I was pretty shocked, considering we live in a very safe, quiet neighborhood. In fact, I don't think any of our neighbors are under the age of 50. Fortunately, we had been planning to sell the car and we knew it wasn't worth much. We decided it would be better to just donate the car and Goodwill is scheduled to pick it up tomorrow. I am very grateful the damage wasn't to my van, which Ian had taken to work with him that morning.
We spent Thanksgiving with my parents and a couple of family friends. It was nice, quiet and there was far more food than we could eat. We spent the evening playing with the kids, followed by the six of us crowding on the couch to watch Wall-E. It was really nice to wind down and spend time with the kids.
Tim's (my FIL) condition has been getting progressively worse. Three days ago, I was annoyed with the constant ringing of the phone and had decided not to bother to check it. My MIL then called my mom and by the time she reached me she was very upset. Tim had another breathing "episode" and had been taken to hospice the night before. He won't be returning home. The entire situation is so tragic, I can't even begin to try to relate. They were married 30 years ago, in their early twenties and had so many plans for the future. I really didn't know any words of comfort.
In better news, I have completed most of my Christmas shopping! Ian received his bonus on Thanksgiving, so we took full advantage of the Thanksgiving/Black Friday deals. We opted to order most of our gifts online this year to save dealing with the crowds. I am extremely excited for our Gymboree package to get here, I was able to order some of the outfits I have been eying for ages! The little things in life really do please me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. I love the time just spent doing the fun things with the kids on those days.
Your family will be in my prayers for Ian's father.
Thanks for being in my life, you all have enriched my life so much!
Post a Comment