He died at 3:30pm with Colleen, Megan (Ian's 23 year old sister) and two family friends with him.
Dannah and Pop.
While expected, the reality wasn't any easier. Ian and I held each other until 3am last night, crying and talking. We told the girls this morning and the conversation went much as we expected it to. Dannah and Natalie were very upset and Hallie suggested that we give Pop a shot and some vitamins and he would get better. She also pointed out that she was in hospital too, when she was a tiny baby.
2007: Pop and Hallie
This was not how things were supposed to play out. He was not an old man! Our girls have lost the experience of having him in their lives. So many people have been cheated. I feel so badly for Ian, who has lost the person who he has looked up to his entire life.
2008: Pop and Natalie
Due to time restraints, Ian has made the decision not to fly back to Australia to attend the funeral. His mother and uncle both offered to pay for the flight, regardless of cost, but Ian said he had already said his goodbyes. Instead, he has decided to take a week off of work and spend it with the girls and I.
2007: Tim with Claire, Colleen.
Before he died, he asked Colleen to visit us once a year. I truly hope she does this, as they have been such an important part of our lives. While we have had month (+) long visits once a year, Ian had spoken with his dad online nearly every night since moving to the US. His parents both adored the girls and often spoke with them as well. It's still very surreal to see Tim's screen name online on MSN, set to "Away".
Our Family: 2007
My parents, Ian's parents and us.
June 2008: The last photo I took of the four of them.


2 comments:
My thoughts are with you and your family.. May he rest in peace.
I'm sorry for your loss.
Post a Comment